Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Words 2

* offend / If you offend someone, you say or do something rude which upsets or embarrasses them / When I choose my news, I saw this word in one article's title.

* despite / You use despite to introduce a fact which makes the other part of the sentence surprising / I heard this word in routine conversation. My cousin use this word.

* perception / Your perception of something is the way that you think about it or the impression you have of it / I saw this word in my NOC's news.

* express / An express or an express train is a fast train which stops at very few stations / When I visit my friend's home, I saw some advertise postcard. Express was used in that card. Until now, I know that express's meaning is just I show what I think or feel.

* freight train / A freight train is a train on which goods are transported / When Chris introduced one popsong for us, I saw this word in popsong's script.

* bunch / A bunch of people is a group of people who share one or more characteristics or who are doing something together / I saw this word in my picture which was taken in sixflags.


No comments:

Post a Comment