Friday, November 13, 2009

News Of Choice 6


In South Korea, Nation Stops For Mega Exam

- Summary

A huge exam, determine one student's life, was held in South Korea, so in this morning, everyone ecxept students stopped temporarily for a candidate of this examination.

- Reaction

When I read this article, I fell down a tear. Because I felt that times feeling again. Scene is described in this article, is too similar to mine. At that time, I have felt very nervous and my family have cheered to me. Although I go through a lot of years, I can't forget that time's memory. Whenever I think up that time, my eyes filling with tears. But I don't want to suffer that time again.

- Source

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120339767

5 comments:

  1. Hi!Annie!!
    I have never heard sbout Korean national college entrance exam. I think that people can`t make judge a person only one test,so the government should make other ways to enter a university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye, you are right Taro. I think so too. It is very unfair, because there is just one chance. Although some other ways to enter a university is exist, they don't have any big effect as this mega exam. They are just extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standardized tests are a real pain. We need them, but we hate them. There's an expression in English: the situation is a "double-edged sword". Think on the meaning of that. Standardized tests are like a double-edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that Sarah ! We have a same meaning's expression from Korean. We express "double-edged sword" or "Janus's face".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Annie. I really agree with your reaction. Because I had exam, too. At last year I did. And I got really horribe grade. This exam is so stressful for Korean students. I really don't like this exam and I never do again.

    ReplyDelete