Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekly Words

* jumbo / means very large / When I went to HEB, I found some eggs for eating. Jumbo is painted on egg's pack. Untill now I thought jumbo is Japanese.

* indentation / The space at the beginning of a line of writing when it starts further away from the edge of the paper than all the other lines / In classes I heard it. But I didn't understand indentation's meaning, so I choose. Now I understand it.

* nightmarish / If you describe something as nightmarish, you mean that it is extremely frightening and unpleasant / In Sixflag, I saw a signboard. Nightmarish was in there. I could guess it's meaning, because of it's surrounding environment.

* harvest / the time of year when the crops are gathered in on a farm, etc / When I took a bus, I saw a signboard on the street. Although it's a moment, I read it. I thought it's like herbal, but it's meaning was very different.

* slave / someone who is the property of another person and has to work for that person / In Gladiator I saw this word.

* recruitment / The recruitment of workers, soldiers, or members is the act or process of selecting them for an organization or army and persuading them to join / When I choose my news, I saw this word. Recruitment was one of keyword on my news.

No comments:

Post a Comment